Wednesday 8 July 2015

New School!

Hey guys! Sorry for the horrible one week gap!! I didn't have internet for a few days, so didn't get the chance to update the blog!

Anyways, I started at a new school last Wednesday, July 1st at a Gov't Sr. Secondary School only for Girls. I taught girls from the grades 9-12. Check out some pics below!

Starting off the morning with some stretching!

End of class, the girls convinced me to show them a nun chuck demonstration. I was a little rusty, but it was fun!
It was amazing to the reaction of the girls after the first few days. One class was even so jam packed that we had to remove all of the desks surrounding the room. BTW, a room full of 110 (ish) girls exercising and with the body heat makes the room super hot!! But you get used to it. I've learned from these girls, many of whom who live in very poor conditions and in rural setting, that you need mental strength to adapt and overcome to truly make a difference.



Had the girls make two lines and have each of them come on stage to do combination kicking, punching techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment